Welcome to Gentle Beginnings Midwifery. We are a home birth oriented midwifery service. We believe that every family has the right to and responsibility for choosing the type of care and the setting for their pregnancy and birth. We support birth that builds and strengthens family relationships. We encourage prenatal care and nutrition that grows healthy mothers and babies and leads to optimal birth outcomes.
As a home oriented service we support a mother’s personal choices while offering guidance and help with a perspective of nineteen years of experience in home birth. We prefer the setting of your home for prenatal care, delivery and postpartum care. We facilitate family participation in birth by encouraging fathers to coach and to catch. Water birth is an option many families choose.
Our services include:
- free consultations
- prenatal care – home visits every 3 weeks (I travel to see you)
- delivery – in your home
- postpartum care – a minimum of 3 home visits after the baby is born
- well baby and mother consultation for up to six months or more if needed
- file birth certificate information with the state
- newborn screening
Fees are based on a sliding scale that considers your income as well as the distance I travel to visit you. Information for filing insurance is provided to assist you. Payment plans are worked out on an individual basis.
We serve the following areas:
- South East Kansas, including the cities of Baxter Springs, Independence, Parsons, and Pittsburg,
- North East Oklahoma,
- South West Missouri, including the cities of Joplin, Carthage, Neosho and Springfield